Kaiārahi Community Health Worker
Kaiārahi Community Health Worker - Full Time Position (40 hours per week Monday to Friday)
Due to expansion Whaiora is seeking a motivated, passionate go getter to join our established Kaiārahi Team.
Our Community Health Workers are navigators who walk alongside priority whānau and clients to develop plans, set goals and support them to achieve their intended outcomes, and document their success along the way. The Kaiārahi Programme is holistic in nature and follows the principles of Te Whare Tapa Wha.
If you are a highly organised person with excellent communication skills that can engage and foster relationships then we want to hear from you now. The key to this position is your passion to work at a community level.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Social work or community-based experience
• A working knowledge of te reo me ōna tikanga
• The ability to engage with individuals, families and whānau with high needs
• An informed knowledge of the Wairarapa community
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team
• An ability to keep accurate client information, aligned with our work standards
• Proficient computer literacy and IT competence
• Effective time management and organisations skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Full clean drivers licence
Please note that this role will require safety checking through the police vetting system under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.