Nau mai, haere mai - Welcome to Whaiora
WHAIORA MEDICAL CENTRE
Whaiora Medical Centre was established in 2010. It is the only Very Low Cost Access (VLCA) Medical Centre in the Wairarapa.
Whaiora has an enrolled population of 70% or more high needs patients. A high needs population is defined as “Māori, Pacific or anyone living in the New Zealand Deprivation Index quintile 5” (Ministry of Health, 2006).
Whaiora Medical Centre Offers:
- Consultations with a General Practitioner (GP), Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Nurse
- Consultations with a Stop Smoking Coach
- Access to visiting specialist services
- Support for long term conditions, e.g. heart health, asthma, diabetes
- Vaccinations, immunisations, medical tests, and minor surgery
- ATAT – Acute Telephone Assessment Triage
- Same day appointments for urgent illnesses or injuries
- Online health services, such as Manage My Health
- Repeat prescription services for certain stable conditions
Information for Our Enrolled Clients
Please note that enrolments for our Medical Centre are currently closed. To find a Medical Centre in the Wairarapa please refer to this website: www.compasshealth.org.nz
If you need to talk with us about your health and wellness please call us first on 0800 494 246. Let us know if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. We’ll plan with you over the phone. We are providing our medical consultations by telehealth (phone or video link) and by face-to-face consultation. All normal medical fees apply for our enrolled clients for all types of medical consultation.
After Hours Services:
For emergencies call 111. If you require medical care on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays, the Wairarapa After Hours Service provides urgent medical care 9am-5pm at Masterton Medical Centre, 4 Colombo Road, Masterton. Telephone 06 370 0011.
Unsure if you need a doctor? Ring HEALTHLINE on 0800 611 116 for free advice 24 hours a day.
To find out more about our fees and services click here