Well Child Tamariki Ora Nurse - Fixed Term 12 Months
We have a 12 month fixed-term (32 hours per week) vacancy to cover a maternity leave.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse, who is able to work within our Tamariki Services team. Our Well Child Tamariki Ora Nurses work with families/whānau across the Wairarapa to help give children/tamariki aged 0-3 years the very best start in life.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- A current practicing certificate – NZ Registered General and Obstetric or Comprehensive Nurse
- Experience with the Well Child Tamariki Ora programme or a willingness to study towards relevant Post Graduate Nursing qualifications
- An understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- An affinity with or experience of working within Māori contexts
- An ability to speak Te Reo Māori would be an advantage
- A high level of computer competency (especially CMS database)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to work with professionals of various disciplines to achieve wellness outcomes for individuals and whanau
- A full New Zealand Drivers Licence
Whaiora is a smokefree environment. We support all of our kaimahi to be smokefree.
Please note that this role that will require safety checking through the police vetting system under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
Closing date Thursday 28th February
If you are successful for an interview they will be held on 4th March 2019
Application packs can also be found at Whaiora, 394 Queen Street, Masterton.